Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Potholes Fixed/Budget Problems Solved!

 
1995 Lada Niva picture, exterior
 
The other day the Herald News ran a few stories about the pothole issue in Fall River. Now I certainly didn't need to read the paper to know there's a pothole issue. I was able to figure that out just by driving around the city! In fact I think most of us have probably wondered if we needed something like the runabout above to get around town.
 
Well I was having a conversation with a friend the other day and we were talking about the horrible condition of the roads when my friend said to me that there is one town in Germany where you can buy a pothole! It seems the German village of Niederzimmern is selling potholes for 50 Euros apiece and using the money to repair them and mark them with the "owners" name. Now I'm sure how much it costs to fix a pothole in Fall River but if we can figure out a way to make a little profit on each repair, well there's enough potholes in this city where the profits could add up to big bucks. It could even give us a budget surplus!
 
But just in case this idea doesn't catch on, I'll be searching the want ads for a used army jeep.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

karl said...

may be u don t know what ia written but you know it from my song
http://wicararumi.blogspot.com
every entry have song such as yanni ect

make shout mix to yur blog we share info
share rumi poet by maddona yanni and kitaro