Monday, August 30, 2010

Are You Sick of Hearing About the Hurricane?

It seems like no matter what I'm doing or where I am all I hear is the Hurricane is coming.

IT'S GOING TO BE BIG! IT'S GOING TO BE INTENSE!!

The HURRICANE is coming!

IT COULD BE HUGE! THE IMPACT WILL BE NOT JUST FALL RIVER BUT LIKE EVERYWHERE!!

The HURRICANE IS COMING!

MAKE SURE YOU PAY ATTENTION BECAUSE THE HURRICANE IS COMING!!!

Enough already!!

It's a bunch of hot air! Just a big gust of wind! Whatever initial effect, will pass and simply fade away. We've listened to this crap for a long time and all this hype isn't going to keep ME glued to my radio...

The Hurricane is coming....

It's NOT exciting, It's NOT electrifying...

But the Hurricane is coming...

SO WHAT!! WHO CARES!! I hope the Hurricane simply fades away into nothingness because I'm SICK of hearing the hype!!!

The hurricane is coming....

OK..

Maybe I'll listen. Maybe I'll see what this is all about. Maybe I'll get ready to see what this is all about.

I'll track this online to see if this is the real deal or not.

THE HURRICANE IS COMING!!

I'm not going to get excited but I will prepare. I'll buy batteries, and check the flashlights. I'll keep a portable radio nearby and stock up on kitchen essentials.

After all...

THE HURRICANE IS COMING!

What did you think I was talking about?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heheheheh

Anonymous said...

OMG thats exactly what happened to me...in bed (like the fortune cookie)

Too bad Confucius speaks the the truth

Anonymous said...

Your all jealous of the CANE!!! over a million hits on the blog while those blog heres gets nothing close to the hits hurricane gets your all gelous of herren so kept on blogging when ppl don't no nothing

Anonymous said...

From the stories I've been reading the Hurricane is very violent. So far at least one woman was thrown by the Hurricane and ended up with a broken leg. I hope the Hurricane goes away so we don't have to read anymore about the destruction and violence.

Anonymous said...

This is going to be the biggest storm spree the city has ever seen!

Lefty said...

Anon 6:20..

I can assure I could care less about "the CANE" or his blog and have only the mildest interest in his newest venture.

Anonymous said...

Then why u hatin on him then? Lefty

Anonymous said...

Went on the site. There is a picture of a hurricane. Read the blog. Lots of fringe and posts by earle.

Lefty said...

Oh, goodness the fragile ego some of supporters have...

Let me explain...

Over the last several weeks/months there has been an awful lot of self-hype but the Hurricane about his newest endeavor. I have no problem with that and congratulations to him if he's able to make it work. But there has been an a LOT of hype..

That said, there has also been a lot of hype about various hurricanes that may or may not hit our region, Earl being the latest.

After hearing hurricane reports all day long, I said to a friend, aren't you sick of hearing about the hurricane and they said yes and immediately made some mention of Herren-hype.

That's when I thought up the idea for the post and realized in the right context and the right audience, most people would just assume that a mention of the hurricane was not referring to the storm.

Believe me if this were "hatin'" I could think of better ways to do it.

Anonymous said...

hummelreport.com another coogan story. Still feel the same way lefty?

Hearing Aids said...

I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.Thanks for sharing this information.And I’ll love to read your next post too.