Saturday, July 31, 2010

SouthCoast Photo of the Month

This isn't exactly a Southcoast photo but, I came across this just a short walk away from Fenway Park in Boston. My first thought was what in the world is it. At a quick glance I had thought it was some prefab construction trailer. At second glance I realized it was made up of stacked shipping containers and finally I realized it was going to be a Puma Store.

This seems like a cross between a recycling project and a Frank Lloyd Wright design. I really this is actually a pretty cool concept and it makes me wonder how much these containers cost. Hmmm, a couple in the backyard my make pretty good offices for Blog Headquarters.
______________________________________________________

Are you an avid picture taker? Do you have a shot you're particularly proud of? Perhaps just a shot that you'd like to share? Submit it here for the SouthCoast Photo of the Month! Send submissions to aviewfrombattleshipcove@gmail.com

2 comments:

Papamoka said...

I've seen this sort of recycling more and more. From what I know about it, it started in Australia where they stack them into hillsides and terrace them out. Very cool concept if you ask me. Thanks for the picture Lefty.

Youth_in_Asia said...

That's Puma City. It's a temporary Puma Store and event center (they throw parties and other events). It was here (in Boston, anyway) a year ago over at Fan Pier. Very cool. a link about it http://thephoenix.com/BLOGS/phlog/archive/2010/07/19/puma-city-comes-to-fenway-phoenix-employees-consider-base-jumping-into-parties.aspx

Providence has a more long-term example of this a ways down Atwells Avenue called Box Office 460 ( http://www.wix.com/harrisx/boxoffice460 ). it really is kind of cool.