Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Parade


Surely the parade will be cancelled I thought. I was driving down 495 coming back from a breakfast with some former co-workers. The windshield wipers slapped back and forth rhythmically. Maybe, it will clear up I thought.


I made a couple of quick calls, nope as far as anyone knew the parade was still on.


I made my way home and grabbed by camera and then stopped to buy batteries because rechargeables are useless when you forget to charge them up. As I made my way to the register I grabbed an overpriced umbrella from a nearby rack.


Now, I was running late!


My first few attempts to get near downtown were absolute failures, roads were blocked, traffic a nightmare. I finally had some luck going around it all and managed to park off of Rock Street a few blocks from Government Center. The rain was steady and the wind whipped through the streets threatening to turn my umbrella inside out. As I approached the parade route I was taken aback, not by the parade, but by a SEA of umbrellas! There was a first, I thought.


There was a lot of hype about the "Macy-like" parade floats, well maybe too few and certainly too low to the ground! However if the parade planners are going to try to bring a Macy's flavor to our parade I'd like to suggest a reviewing stand where the bands and such could stop and do there act for local cable viewers. That way rebroadcasts and those watching from home would be sure to see everything.


As I watched the parade and attempted to stay dry, take pictures, keep the camera dry, I had to give a lot of credit to those who were in the parade. Overall it seemed pretty well attended and was an enjoyable parade!


9 comments:

said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lazurusisus said...

I agree wholeheartedly with the last comment..pithy and incisive...excellent comment!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Mistress? What time warp are you from? Must be crazy old to use outdated jargon to hurl vauge accusations. Or maybe you are still smarting from your loss...LMAO. HAPPY HOLIDAYS, cheers.

Anonymous said...

LOL

It's NOT his "girlfriend", you dolt. Nice try at stirring some crap. Too bad for you it didn't work. What a jerk! Go crawl back under your rock.

Anonymous said...

ava assad part two...and you know lisa strattan wonn't expose this..ahe;s been ther...and doesn't want to embarass her b/f on mayor;s trnsitin team..typical Falll River...all covering each others dirts

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Anon 8:50 = Troll

Anonymous said...

People get a grip. Flanagan is not keeping Pereira as a mistress. Who's next, Ann O'Neil Souza? LOL!
Women have more to offer than bedroom talents! Flanagan is a gentleman and hired these people based on their abilities and his trust in them as individuals. Get your heads out of the gutter!