Tuesday, March 31, 2009

SouthCoast Photo of the Month


Here it is the March SouthCoast Photo of the Month!


Lately the Photo of the Month has taken a beating. Originally I thought it would be a great way of sharing my novice picture taking efforts and invite reader participation. Well, truthfully the reader submission part never really took off, except for a few blog supporters. For the most part the photos have been mine, which is fine, because I enjoy playing around with the camera but lately I find that my hectic schedule often has me leaving my camera at home. There's been a few months where I never did get around to posting a picture.


I chose this month's photo because it featured a rainbow, and I figured that fit in pretty well with Saint Patrick's day. Sadly you have to really strain your eyes to see the rainbow, but trust me it was there when I shot it! It is also a photo I took with my cell phone! I find it amazing that the resolution of my phone camera is nearly equal to my first digital camera and judging by the quality of this photo I may have to use it a bit more, especially on those occasions when the digicam is sitting at home.


________________________________________________________
Are you an avid picture taker? Do you have a shot you're particularly proud of? Perhaps just a shot that you'd like to share? Submit it here for the SouthCoast Photo of the Month! Send submissions to aviewfrombattleshipcove@google.com

2 comments:

Taurus3254JA said...

That's a really nice photo... that would look nice framed with a matt... I had wanted to go around taking photos too but I never got around to it... maybe I should since I'm currently unemployed and have plenty of time

Anonymous said...

Yes, the mayor's plan is bold and perfect, but really with all due respect to the current caretakers of it, it has been in black and white for a while...

http://www.ojornal.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20292339&BRD=2677&PAG=461&dept_id=543384&rfi=6