There seems to be a sudden surge in local Fall River blogging! I've seen this before. A new blog appears and maybe after one or two posts it just sits there abandoned. Still it's exciting to see new blogs and new bloggers. It's interesting to see what topics they've chosen to blog about and to read their take on something of local interest.
In the interest of encouraging my fellow local bloggers I offer some advice, some opinion, and some conclusions. I encourage you to learn from my experience, heed my wisdom and to take this all with a grain of salt.
Lefty's Rules of Local Blogging
1. Blogging is Hard!
2. Blog Opinion, not news. The expiration date on news is too quick!
3. Use the Bloggers Code of Conduct as a guide.
4. Write assuming that no one will click on the links
5. Try to respond to comments.
6. When putting your work out there for others to read, realize there will be critics.
7. If you want to build a readership, you need to post with some frequency.
8. Firefox has a built in spell check.
9. Don't blog about a hot topic unless you have something to add.
10. Blog about what interests you otherwise the effort isn't worth it