Wednesday, April 30, 2008

SouthCoast Photo of the Month


Here it is April's SouthCoast Photo of the month!

The other day I happened to find myself with the perfect view of the Borden Flats Lighthouse. As I looked and admired, I realized that this was the vantage point of a photo I had long admired. The photo is of the lighthouse with St. Anne's Church looming in the background. It's a great photo and like I said one I had long admired. In fact you can find a copy of it on the Fall River Community website. I don't go around carrying my camera with me but I just happened to have it and decided to try emulate the shot. Here for your viewing please is the result.


_____________________________________________________________________
Are you an avid picture taker? Do you have a shot you're particularly proud of? Perhaps just a shot that you'd like to share? Submit it here for the SouthCoast Photo of the Month! Send submissions to aviewfrombattleshipcove@google.com

4 comments:

ThirdMate said...

Beautiful. I've always admired that view, too.

Faye Musselman said...

I like your shot better, Lefty. :)

Lefty said...

Thank you both.

I've long admired and envied this shot and to have a chance to take it myself with a more modest camera and still get a decent result is pretty satisfying!

And Faye, I heard a good deal of your guest spots on Keri's show. Sadly I was unable to call in and say hi, but I thought it went over wonderfully. Great job!

phayemuss said...

Thanks Lefty - I had a blast doing it and meeting all the cool people at the Station. Keri suprised me...I was expecting an overbearing know-it-all...but she is truly a NICE person and we clicked immediately. I really, honestly LIKE this woman. She may be one persona on the radio to those that don't know her...but meeting and spending time with her reveals a whole other person. Fall River media is lucky to have her and her microphone. :)