Saturday, December 09, 2006

For Whom the Bell Tolls



As talk show hosts WSAR's Barry Richards and Keri Rodrigues like to keep things aggressive and heated and I usually have a hard time listening to to a whole show because of their antics. However, I want to give them both a big thumbs up for volunteering to be Salvation Army bell ringers yesterday at the Harbor Mall!

The two highlighted the Salvation Army's desperate need for volunteers and raised money in a face-off to see who could collect the most in donations.

So did Keri and her fellow democrats raise more money, or did Barry and his fellow Republicans carry the day? My schedule on Friday didn't allow me to listen to the whole show or get down there myself, so perhaps someone reading this will let us know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keri won by $1500. They raised about $4500.

Dr. Momentum said...

I was lucky to be able to stop by and say "hi" early on and make a small contribution.

I missed the last 15 minutes of the show, and so didn't hear the final tally. Ryan was near the radio and he was able to pass on that Keri won, and that someone swooped in with an additional $1,000 donation at the last minute. I didn't hear who that was, though. An anonymous donor?

I am impressed that they collected so much. What an overwhelming success!

Lefty said...

Oh well,

Although I personally like Keri's show better I was rooting for Barry on political grounds! (Keri, I want to love ya' but sometimes you play the anti-republican thing just a little too much.)

I KNEW they would do well but yah I'm impressed that it was so much.

Fantastic job Keri and Barry!

Roger Williams said...

Lefty forgot the obvious cliche answer: "The winner is FALL RIVER!"

Obligatory McMahon: HOYYY OHHHH!

Anonymous said...

Too bad the money goes to a homophobic organization. That could be one of the reasons they're having so many problems raising money.

A lot of people I know are now giving to other more charitable organizations.

Lefty said...

anon 11:49,

The Salvation Army is a evangelical Christian organization and as such they believe that the Bible does not condone homosexuality, but as far as I know their services are available to everyone - regardless of sexual orientation.

Do you know otherwise? Also I'm curious what other charities?

Roger Williams said...

I've got your non-denominational, non-partisan solution right here, Lefty.